Whilst the Manly District Rugby Union Football Club was admitted to the Sydney 1st grade competition in 1906, records show that rugby was played in Manly in 1883 by the Manly Beach Football Club whose home ground was Ivanhoe Park, now Manly Oval or "Village Green". Manly won its first premiership in 1922 after a 6-all draw in the Grand Final with Balmain. Other premierships followed in 1932, 1942, 1943, 1950, 1983 and 1997. Manly adopted a royal blue jersey in 1923 and were known as Manly Blues. In 1997, the club adopted the name “Marlins”. Manly Oval continues to be the Marlins home ground.